Sunday, October 2, 2011

10/2 | My Birthday

Today, I graduated from my teenage years; I am officially 20 years old!  My birthday gift?  A beautiful day in Israel, of course.  Today was fairly uneventful as far as birthdays go.  I woke up abnormally early, so I decided to walk to campus in order to drop a class.  After meeting with my advisor, I finally have a schedule.  Classes start tomorrow, so here is what my weeks will look like:
  • Modern Hebrew: Bet, Lower Intermediate Level, Part I
  • Archaeology of Israel
  • Foreign Policy of Israel
  • Business Ethics and Social Responsibility: A Middle Eastern Perspective

    My schedule for the semester.

    Although I am not particularly happy about the weird timing of all my classes, I am excited for each of them.  I am very happy to have a three day weekend; no classes Friday through Sunday.  The 8:30 A.M. Hebrew classes three times a week will be absolutely brutal, though.  As I start each class, I'll do a post on what they are like, what the professor is like, etc.  The class I am most excited for?  Foreign Policy of Israel, taught by the former spokesman for the late Prime Minister Golda Meir!

    After leaving campus, I went to Mister Zol and the shuk with a few people to have lunch and buy stuff for a birthday taco night!  When we finished shopping, we went to Ben Yehuda Street to buy a cake at a bakery called English Cake.  Then, we took a bus back to campus only to find that a pipe had burst, shutting off the water supply to the entire Student Village.  This put a damper on our taco plans, so we decided to have dinner at Burgers Bar instead.  After dinner, Esther and Rachel headed to my apartment for cake.  Not a particularly exciting birthday, but a pleasant one nonetheless!

    Birthday cake!

    1 comment:

    1. so glad you enjoyed your bday! stinks about the pipes bursting -- we can have a taco night here when you get back! promise =)
      good luck in class tmw!!!! cannot wait to hear about them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      ReplyDelete