Thursday, January 5, 2012

1/5 to 1/6 | The Journey Ends

This is it.  I am currently sitting in Ben Gurion International Airport, staring at the screen for my El Al flight to Newark, New Jersey.  In one hour, I will be boarding the plane, thereby ending one of the greatest experiences I have ever had as I go from homeland to home.  Hands down, these past four months have been some of the best of my life.  I have fallen even deeper in love with the State of Israel: its people, its landscape, its cities and towns, its culture, its politics, its strengths, and even its weaknesses.  This is a pivotal time for the Jewish state; not since the 1973 Yom Kippur War has Israel faced such challenges!  This will not bring the people of Israel down; in fact, it will only make them stronger.  Israel will only grow in the face of obstacles placed in the way by the Palestinians, Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran, the entire Arab world, and the United Nations.  Israel will thrive.  And Israel will be a light unto the nations.  I may be leaving, but not for long.  I was here in 2010, I was here in 2011, I am here in 2012; it is only natural that I come back in 2013!  Lehitraot, Israel.  I cannot wait to see you again.

The walk to the terminal features an exhibition of Jewish and Zionist artwork.

A bust of David Ben Gurion, the first Prime Minister of Israel.

The shopping area of Ben Gurion Airport. 

Only in the Jewish state: a Chabad Lubavitch booth. 

Flying with El Al, Israel's flag carrier.

The plane that will take me home.


Lehitraot, Israel!

No comments:

Post a Comment